Apple has filed its annual 10-K form with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for the fiscal year.U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission document reveals a few interesting of information:
Here Some of The Highlights:
- There has been a 35% increase in ad spending from $691 million to $933 million.
- R&D expenses increased 36% to $2.4 billion.
- Apple now has 60,400 full time equivalent employees. This figure is up from 49,400 employees last year.
- 40 retail stores were added globally this year. The average number of employees per store has increased to 100.8.
- Apple owns 584 total acres of land, including the property for its data center and the upcoming solar farm in Maiden, North Carolina.
- Apple leases 7 million square feet of building space, 3 million of which belongs to retail. The 2.6 million square feet that Apple owns in Cupertino will soon be replaced by the company’s upcoming ‘mothership’ campus.