On Saturday evening pop star Lady Gaga has achieved a new milestone on micro-blogging website Twitter by becoming the first person to reach 20 million followers on Twitter. Back in August 2010 Britney Spears was beaten by Lady Gaga in terms of followers when she became the most followed person on Twitter. At present Britney Spears has around 13.5 million Twitter followers — which is roughly 6.5 million less than Gaga.
Different from other celebrities whose management uses their accounts to tweet Lady Gaga has stated she personally uses her account and to consistently interact with her fans. This consist of sharing pictures and making announcements relating to shows, tours, singles, albums and more. After passing Spears, Gaga then dubbed herself the “Queen of Twitter,” and has retained the title ever since. Stats from twittercounter.com put forward Gaga’s Twitter crown isn’t in any immediate danger of being overtaken by Bieber. Gaga’s daily Twitter growth rate is consistently higher than Bieber’s — keeping her lead safe.
Twitter’s most-popular profiles are:
1. Lady Gaga (@ladygaga, 20,080,981)
2. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber, 18,096,095)
3. Katy Perry (@katyperry, 15,733,663)
4. Shakira (@shakira, 14,549,260)
5. Rihanna (@rihanna, 14,462,228)
6. Kim Kardashian (@kimkardashian, 13,617,551)
7. Britney Spears (@britneyspears, 13,592,052)
8. Barack Obama (@barackobama, 12,833,241)
9. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13, 11,462,051)
10. Selena Gomez (@selenagomez, 10,722,187)
Gizmaestro is a top source for news in social and digital media, technology and Gadgets. Gizmaestro provides the most prolific news site reporting breaking web news, providing analysis of trends, reviewing new gadgets,Tech news and offering social media resources and guides. More about us