As of April 1st 2012 all fan pages have been changed to timeline. In the personal profiles many have complained about the change for different reasons. The change has been both praised and ridiculed. I believe the experience is different for different people. On the personal level of timeline I can agree it can be confusing and people do not like change, however for the business side change is always expected. As a business owner myself I understand that technology is ever changing and growing we just have to keep up and stay ahead. So I strongly encourage the fan page owners to see the positive in this change. Here are some positive and negative I have found in the new format.
The positive to Fan Page Timeline:
- More professional look
- Easy navigation to find insights, new fans and old post.
- Blog post are easier to find.
- Timeline divides up our total overall interaction into a filing system. The system makes finding post, blogs, comments, likes and all other interaction much easier.
The negative to Fan Page Timeline:
- Finding the right look for your banner, being the pixel has to be a certain size.
- Understanding the filing system it gives you.
- Adjusting pictures to fit centered in the stream.
- Ads showing up on pages that you can not delete. They say not facebook ads however the page owner has no control over them.
I do personally like the new timeline for fan pages and even the groups have a new look. The date and interaction streaming is great for businesses being that keeping records are very important to help you see what your next step is. The old format was not as organized. Looking back over the history of the past post that got noticed and the ones that got little reaction is a good way to plan your future strategy in social media. It allows us a simple system for researching our nitch. I personal feel the organization timeline offers is a great asset to companies.
- Facebook Rolls Out ‘Timeline’ Biggest Redesign Ever
- Facebook Translation Service Unveiled
- Facebook Announces Timeline And Other Features
- Facebook iPhone App Updated, Supports Timeline
- Get your New Facebook Profile Timeline
- Facebook Timeline Does Not Support Internet Explorer
- Social Media and Advertising
- Facebook Brings New Privacy Control